What is a sling?
A sling is the support fabric for your cushions. It is attached to your swing frame in two different methods.
- Basic Sling - has three bars (top bar, middle bar, and knee bar). The sling has 3 sleeves. Each bar slides through the sleeve to form a support sling for your cushions.
- Futon Sling - has three bars (top bar, middle bar, and knee bar). The sling has 3 long sleeves and side sleeves. Each bar slides through the sleeve to form a support sling for your cushions. The side bars are inserted through the side sleeves.
Swing Cushions USA "Home of the Sling Replacement"
Important to know
- Study your seating frame to determine whether you can free up the center horizontal bar for installation. Many swings are riveted together where the middle horizontal bar joins the seat frame to the backrest frame. You will need to drill out the rivets and replace with bolts and nuts in order to replace your sling. We make our sleeves extra wide to make installation easier.
If your seating frame is constructed with two U-shaped bars; one U shape for the seat and one for the backrest, we will make the horizontal sleeve for the knee and headrest 6” wide for ease of installation
Futon Slings come in many variations. Some have very specific knotch cutouts to accommodate frame bolts.
- Futon Slings require measurements indicating the position of cut-outs (depth and width)
- The easiest way to ensure an accurate fit with a Futon Slings is to send us your original sling (doesn't matter how dirty or worn). Contact our Patio Swing Specialists for an OPR (Original Product Receipt number) and instructions on how to send to us.
Our slings are produced with Awntex 70 fabric. Awntex is an open weave fabric and has a 5-year limited warranty.